- 16-May-2014 to 16-Jul-2014 (EST)
- Daytona Beach, FL, USA
- Full Time
Piedmont Plastics is an innovative plastics distribution company with people who enjoy life's challenges and creating solutions for how to solve them. Our growth and goal oriented environment is a place where you can follow your dreams to the fullest. "Piedmont Plastics – Where Solutions Take Shape." Today Piedmont Plastics is seeking a talented Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position will play a key role in the everyday effective functioning of the Branch.
- Performs order billing function and reviews summary before giving to Branch Manager for approval
- Performs purchase order receiving function and analyzes and approves receiving results
- Matches purchase order to vendor invoice and gives preliminary approval for payment (final approval by Branch Manager)
- Processes cash sales and credit card transactions and maintains detailed log sheets on those transactions
- Responsible for petty cash and reconciles local bank statement
- Researches and analyzes customer and vendor accounts to solve problems.
- Responsible for entering new customer and accounting information into the HP system, which involves referring to the New Customer Form obtained from Inside Sales to enter contact information and assigning the correct salesperson territory number
- Files customer orders and other branch records
- Along with the Branch Manager, responsible for "green initiative," which includes coordination of the branch recycling program (not customer scrap program)
- Purchases and maintains inventory of office supplies
- Researches maintenance contracts for office equipment and gives information to Branch Manager for final approval
- Operates and trains new staff on office machines such as computer, calculator, copier, and fax machines
- Participates on the Branch Safety Committee in a contributory and clerical role. If role is clerical only, this task can be performed by the Administrative Assistant.
- Coordinates social functions for the branch, which could include keeping a calendar of staff birthdays, anniversaries and other important dates
- Answers incoming customer calls as well as greets and assists visitors
- Provides friendly and efficient customer service
- Opens and routes incoming mail, answers correspondence, and prepares outgoing mail
Education and/or Experience
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with at least three years of experience in the accounting field or in a related area. Degree or certificate from a college or technical school in accounting is preferred.
If you are interested in joining a winning team, then click the APPLY NOW button below. If you have a resume, please upload it also for job #
Piedmont Plastics is an EOE; Please no temp firms or agency calls.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!